I made this cute little pennant for one of the little girls across the street for her birthday! She is a true girly girl and this would look so cute across her vanity mirror! It was so easy you will want to make an entire alphabet to keep on hand to spell out any occasion!
- Bakers Twine any color you desire
- Glue, or low temp glue gun
- Mini clothes pins, you can find these at any craft or scrapbooking store
- Adhesive letters
- Burlap, again you can usually find this at a craft store or fabric store, I picked mine up at the scrapbooking store
- Heavier weight fabric for pennant, I used a cotton twill and doubled it
Cut your cotton fabric into triangles and sew the two pieces together. It's OK that this is not a perfect seam or exact. Cut the burlap into slightly smaller triangle shapes. I glued the burlap onto the cotton fabric with a low temp glue gun. I did not want stitching to show on my burlap, but you could use craft glue if you prefer.
I used press on letters to spell out her name centered on the burlap. Once the triangles were finished, I laid them out and cut a piece of twine twice as long as I needed to allow for spacing and hanging. Using the mini clothes pins, attach the twine to the pennant and our done! Easy peasy I told you!
Super easy, fun and you can make several up to celebrate Father's day, birthdays, Fourth of July in patriotic colors would be so cute, or even a generic pennant that say celebrate! Enjoy! Let me know if you have any questions!